We have been advised at Safeguarding training that it is best practise that paid staff should not babysit for any family attending the setting as this oversteps the professional boundaries.
Clopton Nursery Trust:
- Will not be responsible for any arrangements or agreements made between parents/carers and our staff regarding babysitting;
- Will not be held responsible for any health and safety or other issues that may arise from these private arrangements; and
- Has a duty to safeguard all children whilst on their premises and in the care of our staff during school opening hours. This includes having a number of trained and experienced staff on the premises at all times who follow ACE’s policies and procedures. This duty does not extend to private arrangements between staff and parents/cares outside of nursery hours.
Staff Employed at Clopton Nursery Trust:
- Should not baby sit for families with children at the setting
- Out of hours work arrangements must not interfere with their employment at Clopton Nursery Trust.
- Individuals must always uphold the Data Protection Act 2018. Discussions about Clopton Nursery Trust, other children or families and employees of Clopton Nursery Trust are not permitted and would be considered a breach of contract.
Clopton Nursery Trust Families:
- Parents/carers should be aware that other adults accompanying the babysitter may not have the relevant DBS check clearance, and it may not be appropriate for them to care for children.
- Parents/carers should not involve Clopton Nursery Trust with its private arrangements
Babysitting Liability release form
I/We, the undersigned, are the parent(s) of child(ren) named below
I/We agree, that there are dangers and risks to which my child(ren) may be exposed to, by participating in this private babysitting arrangement between ourselves and _______________________
I/We agree to assume and take on all of the risks and responsibilities in any way arising from or associated with this arrangement.
I/We release Clopton Nursery Trust staff and respective board of Trustees/ Governing body from any and all claims, demands, suits, judgements, damages, actions and liabilities of every name and nature whatsoever, whenever occurring, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, at law or in equity, that I or my child(ren) may suffer or damage to my property.
I/We recognise that this Waiver means I/We give up, among other things, all rights to sue for injuries, damage or losses I/We may incur. I also understand that this Waiver binds my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns, as well as myself.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS WAIVER