Code of Conduct: Parents and Carers
Clopton Nursery Trust aims to provide a friendly, safe and respectful environment for all children, staff, families and volunteers. The staff have a duty to follow the staff Conduct Standards policy and in turn we would like parents and carers to take note of their responsibilities to ensure our ethos is continued. We are committed to ensuring that all children are safeguarded whilst in our care, and so with this in mind, you can help us to maintain our responsibilities in the following ways:
- Share information with staff on your child’s development, health and wellbeing.
- Let us know if someone else is collecting your child and give them a password and us a description of them and provide us with a full faced photograph. (as per our collection policy)
- Collect your child on time – if you are going to be unavoidably late then please contact the nursery to let us know.
- Ensure you can safely transport your child to and from the nursery using pre-appropriate car seat restraints, and that you are fit, well and alert enough to do so.
- Feedback any suggestions and ideas to the nursery staff and management team.
- Direct any worries, concerns or complaints to the Nursery Manager, arranging a meeting if required.
Please refrain from:
- Negative verbal or physical interactions whilst on the nursery site. We promote a positive language and interaction environment in all aspects of the nursery, so we ask all parents/guardians and visitors to be aware of this.
- Using Inappropiate language or displaying aggressive or threatening behaviour towards the staff, children or other parents/carers either in person, on the phone or in writing. Under no circumstances will this be tolerated.
- Collection your child(ren) from nursery if you have consumed alcohol, medication or other substances that have affected your judgement or responses. Such a situation will be dealt with both sensitively but with seriousness.
- Discussing sensitive issues within earshot of your child or other children.
- Taking photos or videos of children other than your won but only with consent of the Manager as laid out in our Camera policy.
- Please DO NOT use a mobile telephone inside the secure areas of the Nursery as laid out in our Mobile Phone Policy.
Breach of this code of conduct
Any breach of this code of conduct will be treated promptly and taken very seiously. The management will endeavour to determine the appropriate course of action which may include, but is not limited to, any of the following procedures:
- Withdrawal of permission for the relevant person to be on nursery permises, which will in effect prevent that person from attending the setting even to drop off or pick up children.
- The suspension and possible permanent withdrawal of a child’s place. This action will only be taken if all other avenues have been explored adn the management feel it is the only possible course of action left open to them.