We keep records and documentation for the purpose of maintaining our charity business. These include:
- Records pertaining to our registration.
- Landlord/lease documents and other contractual documentation pertaining to amenities, services and goods.
- Financial records pertaining to income and expenditure.
- Risk assessments.
- Employment records of our staff including their name, home address and telephone number.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of anyone else who is regularly in unsupervised contact with the children.
We consider our records as confidential based on the sensitivity of information, such as with employment records. These confidential records are maintained with regard to the framework of the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Human Rights Act (1998).
This policy and procedure should be read alongside our Confidentiality and Client Access to Records Policy and Information Sharing Policy.
- All records are the responsibility of our management team who ensure they are kept securely.
- All our records are kept in an orderly way in files and filing is kept up-to-date.
- Our financial records are kept up-to-date for audit purposes.
- We maintain health and safety records; these include risk assessments, details of checks or inspections and guidance etc.
- Our Ofsted registration certificate is displayed.
- Our Public Liability insurance certificate is displayed.
- All our employment and staff records are kept securely and confidentially.
We notify Ofsted of any:
- change in the address of our premises;
- change to our premises which may affect the space available to us or the quality of childcare we provide;
- change to the name and address of our registered provider, or the provider’s contact information.
- For group provision: change to the person managing our provision;
- significant event which is likely to affect our suitability to look after children; or
- other event as detailed in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (DfE 2014).
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998
|This policy was adopted by||Clopton Nursery Trust||(name of provider)|
|Date to be reviewed||___________________||(date)|
|Signed on behalf of the provider||___________________|
|Name of signatory||Derek Reynolds|
|Role of signatory (e.g. chair, director or owner)||Chair of the Board of Trustees|
Other useful Pre-school Learning Alliance publications
- Accident Record (2013)
- Accounts Record (2005)
- Safeguarding Children (Ed 2013)
- Recruiting and Managing Employees (2011)
- Financial Management (2010)
- Medication Administration Record (2013)
- Daily Register and Outings Record (2012)
- Managing Risk (2009)
- Complaints Investigation Record (2015)