The Principles at Clopton Nursery Trust
We believe that:
- Parents are the first and main educators of children in the early years.
- A good relationship should be established with parents/carers to maintain continuity of a child’s development.
- All children should be respected and their individual ability and potential recognised, valued and nurtured.
- Children should be offered a caring and secure environment where they are given freedom of choice and opportunity to experiment and explore. This encourages confidence and self-reliance as well as stimulating their ability to learn.
- The curriculum is appropriate for the developmental stage of individual children, allowing them to progress at their own pace, moving on only when they are ready.
- Everyone at the Nursery is committed to providing equality and opportunity for all who wish to participate in activities.
The Nursery will:
- Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop.
- Add to the life and well-being of its local community.
- Offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
As a pupil of Clopton Nursery Trust, your child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children.
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together.
- Is helped to take forward their learning and development by being helped to build on what they already know and can do.
- Has an individual key person who makes sure they make satisfactory progress.
- Is in a Nursery which sees you as a partner in helping them to learn and develop.
- In a Nursery where parents help to shape the service it offers.